1. Download XMLFirst, download your theme's XML file from this article here.
2. WordPress Importer PluginHead to your WordPress Dashboard and locate the "Tools" sidebar menu item. Within this menu, you will see the "Import" link. Clicking this will bring up the Importer options.
3. Install the ImporterClick the "WordPress" Importer from the list of options and a modal will appear to install the plugin. Click the red "Install Now" button in this window.
4. Activate the ImporterUpon a successful install of the WordPress Importer, click the "Activate Plugin & Run Importer" link to activate. Please ensure you have any post type plugins installed and activated before running the import. This will let the importer run the custom post type data as well.
5. Upload the XML fileNow that your plugin is activated, you're good to upload the XML file you downloaded in the first step. Choose your file and click "Upload file and import" to import the demo data, then click "Submit".
Note: Ensure you are uploading a .xml file, not a zipped version of the file (.xml.zip)